Volunteer with us and form part of Marine conservation efforts
At NGO Taxi's Surf & Help Camp, you will work together with a local Marine Conservation Center and Government officials, supporting their efforts to rescue and rehabilitate injured marine wildlife, bring our amazing ocean reefs back to life and oversee local educational initiatives to reduce plastic pollution.
On top of that, you will learn how to surf in one of South America’s best surf spots!
Spanish Course Included
We include a 1-week full immersion FREE Spanish course because we believe that it will allow you to have a greater impact on the project, as you will be able to interact with local people and communities and share knowledge and skills. The Spanish course is catered to your project and will teach you specific vocabulary that you will need during the placement.
What will you do as a volunteer?
- Assist the Ecuadorian Ministry for the Environment - location, rescue, and relocation of stranded or injured marine wildlife.
- Observe sea turtle breeding areas and check nests for eggs.
- Build structures to protect nesting areas and baby sea turtles.
- Cleaning/repairs at the local aquarium, feeding animals. Occasional assistance in the animals' medical treatment may be needed.
- Design books, fliers, and posters for children in the local community with the goal of educating them on the unique and special environment they live in.
- Co-organize workshops for children and adults on the environment and how they can act to protect it and avoid plastic pollution.
- Project monitoring and reporting.
The Surf & Help Camp aims to rescue seabirds, sea turtles, whales, and other marine life that has been affected by ocean pollution.
- Help preserve the marine ecosystems and learn about marine life rehabilitation.
- Learn about the impacts of pollution on our coasts and how to reduce them and implement protection measures.
- Experience firsthand the amazing marine wildlife of the Pacific Coast such as sea birds, sea turtles and whales.
- Work and learn from experts in the field.
- Get involved in research, monitoring and reporting.
- Work together with local communities.
- Learn how to adapt and respond to changes and how to deal with different aspects of daily life and fields of activity. Become flexible, resourceful, and a team player.
- And learn and practice your Spanish!
Surfing with a purpose - team up with this local surf project to protect this paradise that allows for some of the best surfing in South America.
Official Camp dates:
Start dates every 1st/3rd Sunday of the month€ 1479,00 – 1st month€ 1429,00 – 2nd month€ 1379,00 – 3rd month, and after
Individual camp dates:+ € 150,00 – Start your placement any Sunday of the month+ € 250,00 – Chose your own start dates and change them up to 3 times before your trip.*
*Last date change up to 3 weeks before your departure.
Contact us for more information, we will be happy to answer all your questions.