Volunteer with us and support reforestation efforts to conserve the Amazon Rainforest
Much of the wildlife and plant life in the Amazon ecosystem is threatened by illegal animal trafficking and deforestation. You will form part of a local project that protects 120 hectares of forest, and assist the researchers and biologists working on the project in protecting threatened species.
The project also focuses on reforestation efforts, education of volunteers and the surrounding community, and data collection for scientists and biologists.
Spanish Course included
We include a 1-week full immersion FREE Spanish course because we believe that it will allow you to have a greater impact on the project, as you will be able to interact with local people and communities and share knowledge and skills. The Spanish course is catered to your project and will teach you specific vocabulary that you will need during the placement.
What will you do as a volunteer?
- Assisting in the reforestation of the area, including weed control around planted trees.
- Creating and maintaining new ways to observe and research the flora and fauna.
- Planting and harvesting of organic vegetables and exotic fruits for the self-sufficiency of the project participants.
- Collecting seeds and plants, and sowing and caring for new seedlings.
- Monitoring and taking inventories of butterflies, insects, reptiles, amphibians, birds and other wildlife (monkeys, snakes, caimans, etc.).
- Species identification & classification (entomological surveillance).
- General maintenance work of the project site and cooking with fellow volunteers.
- Project monitoring and reporting.
- Assisting in educating the local community and visitors about the project's goals.
Work alongside experienced researchers and biologists to help protect flora and fauna, to support scientific studies, and thus to preserve the heritage of the local ethnic, indigenous people, such as the Matsiguenka and Harakmbut.
- Help preserve one of the most fascinating and important ecosystems in the world.
- Experience firsthand the amazing wildlife and plant species that live in the Amazon Rainforest.
- Work and learn from experts in the field.
- Get involved in research, monitoring, reporting, and reforestation.
- Learn about sustainable lifestyles, conservation of our environment and protection measures.
- Learn how to adapt and respond to changes and how to deal with different aspects of daily life and fields of activity. Become flexible, resourceful, and a team player.
- And learn and practice your Spanish!
Contact us for more information, we will be happy to answer all your questions.
Official Camp dates:
Start dates every 1st/3rd Sunday of the month
€ 1349,00 – 1st month
€ 1299,00 – 2nd month
€ 1249,00 – 3rd month, and after
Individual camp dates:
+ € 150,00 – Start your placement any Sunday of the month
+ € 250,00 – Chose your own start dates and change them up to 3 times before your trip.*
*Last date change up to 3 weeks before your departure.